RE: your mail

Hi Michelle,

I couldn't get your code to compile. I received errors such as:

VisadAPI.java:43: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method myAutoDetect (boolean)
location: class visad.ss.SpreadSheet
          mySS.myAutoDetect(false);
              ^
VisadAPI.java:54: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable myMappings
location: class visad.ss.SpreadSheet
          myBasicSS.setMaps(mySS.myMappings);
                                ^

This suggests you made additional modifications to the
SpreadSheet that you did not pass along in email. So, I
can't test your changes to determine if setMaps() has a bug.

Why are you playing around with variables like "myMappings"?
You shouldn't need to add any additional fields to the
SpreadSheet, or to BasicSSCell.  All you need to do is call
myBasicSS.setMaps with those ScalarMaps you construct in
your VisadAPI.setMappings() method:

   myBasicSS.setMaps(new ScalarMap[] {Alt_rad, Alt_green, Lat_blue, Long_red});

If that doesn't work, and you think the SpreadSheet has a
bug, please send me a test case demonstrating the problem
and I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Curtis