RE: your mail

Hi Curtis,

It turns out that I needed Java 3D to be re-installed on my computer to see
the image in 3D!

What I'm trying to do now is replace the current default mappings that come
up when I first load small.v5d with my own mappings. I've been tracing
through all this code and it looks like the data structure that holds the
actual mappings is ScalarMaps[]?

I looked through the classes you mentioned, but I was wondering where the
actual mappings within ScalarMap[] are assigned. Or is it maps[]? I want to
just copy that method (wherever it may be) and hard code a different set of
mappings. But I'm having a hard time determining where that lies without
getting sent from class to class within the visAD package.

Thanks,
Michelle

"The mapping dialog is brought up by a call to FancySSCell.addMapDialog().
The ScalarMap array is created by MappingDialog when the "Done" button is
clicked at MappingDialog.java:1125-1126.  Then, FancySSCell.addMapDialog()
takes that array and passes it to its setMapsAuto() method, which calls
BasicSSCell.setMaps() after switching to the proper cell dimension for those
mappings (under the right conditions).
The maps are actually added in BasicSSCell.setMaps() at BasicSSCell:1629."

Michelle Kam           (408) 742-2881
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. SSM/ATC/MSIS
B/153 O/L922
1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089