From: Tom Whittaker [mailto:tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 11:24 AM
To: Kam, Michelle C
Subject: Re: your mail

Yes, VisAD has a text adapter that can deal with csv files that
essentially contain data to be made into a single VisAD Data object.
You must, however, add two lines at the beginning of the file to define
the math type of the resulting VisAD Data object, and the order of the
parameters in the file.  The data may be comma, tab, or space-delimited.

All this is described in the readme file at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/README.text

(the latest copy of this file can be found in the VisAD source code
under:  visad/data/text/README.text -- the code was recently updated to
permit better handling of time formats).

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison