Re: visad-jython connection

Hi Nicolas,

The visad/examples/Rivers.java program draws lines from
Java. Each sequence of line segments is constructed as
a Gridded2DSet with manifold dimension = 1, and several
sequences are combined in a UnionSet.

You can execute Python code form a Java program using
the visad/python/RunJPython.java class. See its main()
method for an example. You basically construct a new
RunJPython object, then pass filenames to its execfile()
method, or lines of Python code to its exec() or eval()
methods.