Re: Repainting images in JyVisAD

> Are you using a DisplayImplJ2D?
Erm, no.  I have to use the 'makeDisplay(maps)' method in JyVisAD's subs.py
scripts which uses a DisplayImpl and not a DisplayImplJ2D.  Using
'makeDisplay2D(maps)' with the requisite DisplayImplJ2D causes the program
to crash.

 > What method are you calling replace the image?
See code excerpt below. Might be a tad confusing without a little
background:

The replaced image is a stretched version of the original image.  So... I've
defined a method that stretches the original image and displays both this
(the stretched image) and everything that was previously displayed (makes a
new JPanel for everything etc)  Very memory intensive.  Trying to fix.

-------- start code -----------
displayPanel = JPanel(border=border.TitledBorder("Display Panel"),
layout=GridLayout(1,2,5,5))
#add original image first
displayPanel.add(disp.getComponent())
#add display plot panel
displayPanel.add(plotd.getComponent())
pane.add("Center", displayPanel)

#some program calls to add stretched image when buttons are clicked
buttonPanel = JPanel(border=border.TitledBorder("Y-Stretch Controls"),
layout=BorderLayout(0, 20))
stretchButton=JButton("x2", preferredSize=(100,20), actionPerformed=twist1)
buttonPanel.add(stretchButton, BorderLayout.CENTER)

#define a twist grid for stretching the image in pre-defined amounts (y
direction only)
def twist1(event):
    twist_grid = [ [w for h in xrange(height) for w in xrange(width)] ,
               [(w-(h*0.5)) for h in xrange(height) for w in xrange(width)]]

    twist_set = Gridded2DSet(set.getType(), twist_grid, width, height, None,
None, None, 0)

    twist = FlatField(img.getType(), twist_set)

    twist.setSamples(img.getValues(Boolean(0)),0)

 #some formatting to convert this into an image
    twistdom = getDomainType(twist)
    twistrng = getRangeType(twist)
    twist_maps = subs.makeMaps(twistdom[0],'x', twistdom[1],'y',
                twistrng[0],'red',twistrng[1],'green',twistrng[2],'blue')

#make maps for it!
    dispt = subs.makeDisplay(twist_maps)
    dispt.addData("twisted",twist)
    dispt.setBoxSize(.5)

#them make a display panel for it that overwrites the entire display
    displayPanel2 = JPanel(border=border.TitledBorder("Display Panel"),
layout=GridLayout(1,2,5,5))
    displayPanel2.add(dispt.getComponent())
    displayPanel2.add(plotd.getComponent())
    pane.add("Center", displayPanel2)

The above appears to work except that stretched image only updates on
'maximising' JFrame which holds all.  What should I be doing?

Many thanks,
Chi-chi