Re: need a help on using java and VisAD

I am not aware of any file adapters for directly reading GRIB data, although others on this list has mentioned this. I suggest you search the archive for 'grib file adapter' or similar:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/visad/

You may need to write your own 'file adapter' or convert your data into another format (like NetCDF) before using it in your application.

You might also consider looking at Unidata's Integrated Data Viewer which is an appication built using the VisAD library that make displaying geo-referenced grids and images very easy.

tom

khalid daher wrote:
Hi,

I’am trying to visualize grib data using java and VisAD.

Could you please help me or send me a sample code ?

I want to visualize temperature, pressure etc… using background map image.

Thank you in advance.

K. Daher

Student in Universite de Montreal, Canada.

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison