Resampling from lat/lon to projection

Hi
I want to resample a grid in lat/lon to a grid in a projection and do the
transformations myself. Both grids has a rectangular topology and the
projection grid has also has a rectangular geometry. Then, what will be most
efficient:

1
Transform all lat/long coordinates to the projection (forward transform) and
resample the data to the projection grid (in "projection space")

2
Transform the projection grid to lat/lon (inverse transform) and resample
the data to this transformed projection grid (in "lat/lon space")

If someone has some input to this and/or to how to resample most effective I
will be happy.

As I am using GRIB data and have a Java GRIB reader (JGrib of course, look
at sourceforge), I would like to know how to make a "GRIB adapter". Does
anyone have input to this?

Kjell R
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Røang;Kjell
FN:Kjell Røang
ORG:Christian Michelsen Research
TITLE:Researcher
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:A mind, like a parachute, only
functions optimally when OPEN.=0D=0A
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+47 22 85 26 14
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+47 22 49 19 23
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+47 913 54 664
TEL;WORK;FAX:+47 22 69 76 60
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;co Norsk
Regnesentral=0D=0AGaustadall=E9en 23=0D=0AP.O. Boks 114
Blindern;=
Oslo;;0314;Norway
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:co Norsk
Regnesentral=0D=0AGaustadall=E9en 23=0D=0AP.O. Boks 114
Blindern=
=0D=0AOslo 0314=0D=0ANorway
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:kjell@xxxxxx
REV:20021113T125613Z