Re: alpha-blending with visad-in-a-box

Hi Adele,

This does sound like a Java3D issue rather than a VisAD issue.
Note that Java3D may be installed to use OpenGL or to use
Direct3D on your laptop (assuming it is a Windows machine). I
have hardly tired Direct3D and never tried transparency with it.
Perhaps someone else knows whether transparency works with
Direct3D?

The other thing is that VisAD-in-a-box is really intended
for installing VisAD on clusters. You may just want to
dowload visad.jar and put in in your CLASSPATH. On the other
hand, it is hard to see how using VisAD-in-a-box could cause
transparency problems.