Re: can vector flow scales be set independent?

  • To: John Osborne <oz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: can vector flow scales be set independent?
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:13:46 -0600 (CST)
Hi John,

You'd find that flow_controlU == flow_controlV == flow_controlW,
which is why each call to setFlowScale() replaces the previous.
Doing what you want would change the directions of flows, which
is something VisAD carefully avoids. To do this, you'll need to
make the changes in the underlying data (not all that unreasonable
a thing to do).

By the way, I haven't answered your printing question because I
don't know anything about printing (never used it, and someone
else wrote that VisAD code).