image got rescaled

Bill,

I have tried the new jar in untested. the problem is
still there. I have found out these:

The problem of disappearing box/plot only manifests in the
first plot in the application I am working on, if I open
multiple plots. Although I have seen it happening in the
second plot in a test program.

If I open a test display that has domain and range all set up
x range [-1, 10], yrange [-2.3, 9], after I drag the mouse on it to
make the plot disappear, I click both the right and left
mouse buttons to simulate the center button. The cursor
coordinates still show on the upper left corner, but the
numbers are wrong (in the range of hunreds and thousands).
This leads me to drag the plot "by instrument" so that
the orginal box could appear in the display area according to
the displayed coordinates. I find that with very small
drag of the mouse, the coordinates change a lot. But finally I
center the plot. Yes the plot is still there. Somehow
it got rescaled to about 5 or 6 times larger and is simply
span out of the internal frame window when the mouse is dragged on
it for the first time. The confusion is perhaps related to
a (undesireable) visad mouse behavior reported here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/visad/msg16052.html

hope this helps.