Re: NetCDF V2 and VisAD

Oliver-

Olivier Hussenet wrote:
Hi,

I plane to use NetCDF in my application, along with VisAD.

I saw from the NetCDF web site that there is a NetCDF V2 java
implementation, that seems simpler and less resources consuming than V1.

It depends on what you are doing.  In some cases the new API is more
difficult to use if you are used to version 1.

But the current VisAD version seemingly uses NetCDF V1 (as it appears from
ucar.* packages names).

So, here's my question: is there any plan to switch VisAD to NetCDF V2 some
day, and, if so, is there any estimated target deadline ?

At present there are no real advantages to using the V2 version of
netCDF in the VisAD netCDF adapter so we have not pursued that
avenue.  That doesn't mean we won't in the future, but there are
no plans.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm