Re: BOUNCE visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Message too long (>40000 chars) (fwd)

Ben-

Ben Podoll wrote:
And one final thing I am wondering about, I use the ShapefileAdapter
constructor with a Rectangle2D parameter to only show a portion, and

it

won't cut the borders (Is that by design)

Probably.  I'll talk to the developer and see what the design was.
It probably says that if a shape is in the rectangle, use the whole
shape.  Is that what you are asking?

Yes that is what I was asking. But possibly your next paragraph may be
the answer I was looking for.

If you want to have just the region of your data displayed, set the
ranges on the lat/lon axes and use the setClip method of
DisplayRendererJ*D to clip at the bounds to remove excess map lines.

It would still be a good idea to use the clipping constructor
even if you call setClip to cut down on the size of your
UnionSet of shapes.  The more lines (even if they are not
visible) that VisAD will have to compute, the slower the
application.  It will still compute lines for the regions
being clipped.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm