RE: An interpolation question...

Can I just check I am not missing something here?

Right now I am displaying a data set that has 11 slices, each
of which is 250 samples x 2001 samples.

With setTextureEnable(true) I can quite quickly flick through
the slices using the VisAd animation support. This is really
very nice and I (and my boss) were impressed with how quickly
this could be implemented.

But the display is blocky and my users are used to nice
smooth displays. Sigh.

If I create my display with DisplayImpJ2D then
setTextureEnable(false) eventually delivers a nice smoothed
image but is very, very slow.

If I create my display with DisplayImplJ3D("display1", new
TwoDDisplayRendererJ3D());
then I just get a blank screen when I
setTextureEnable(false).

Can I get the speed of Texture mapped rendering with the
smoothness of interpolation?
Do I have to guesstimate how many screen pixels are on show
and resample myself?

My apologies if there is something I am missing?

Andrew
PS: I am running on a brand new Sun Blade with Extreme
graphics card and 2GByte memory so I don't think it is lack
of hardware that is causing the speed problem

Registered in England No: 3763515
Registered Address:
                        100 Thames Valley Park Drive
                        Reading
                        Berkshire   RG6 1PT   UK
Telephone:              +44 (0) 118 935 3222
Website:                http://www.BG-Group.com