Herschel IA meeting result regarding VisAD

hi,

Just a quick note. In the last Herschel Interactive
Analysis working group meeting (see threads and long
posts in December about Herschel IA) I showed the usability
of VisAD for IA, including my 2D X-Y line plot wrapper class
and some demonstrations of easy 2D mapping and 3D rendering
capability. More group members start to find interest
in VisAD, both in VisAD's visualization capabilities but
also in its data model. It looks like the IA data
model would accomodate VisAD Data (hence all the
goodies that come with it). Collaboration with the
VisAD group is on the IA working group's radar screen now.

Maohai Huang