Re: drawing text in a window

Perfect! Thanks so much. I realized that I didn't need to mess around with
putting limit labels on; if I set up the rectangular flat field with the
appropriate values in the x dimension, then set scaleEnable(true) for that
axis, it will do exactly what I want.

Thanks again
DOnna

Donna L. Gresh, Ph.D.
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
(914) 945-2472
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/g/donnagresh
gresh@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Bill Hibbard

                      <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxx        To:       Donna L
Gresh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      u>                         cc:       tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
visad-list <visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: drawing text in
a window
                      owner-visad-list@ss

                      ec.wisc.edu

                      01/14/2003 10:28 AM

Hi Donna,

> Mainly my problem is that visad wants to make my color bar a
> square, and if I try to make it long and skinny using the projection
> control aspect ratio, then my labels get squished as well.

Use ProjectionControl.setAspectCartesian() instead of
setAspect(). That should fix the text squeezing.