RE: Saving current display...

here's a tidbit out of some of my code...  Calling DsiplayImpl.getImage()
from a seperate thread is necesary if the code is called from the main event
thread...

        final DisplayImpl d = // your specifics here...

        (new Thread() {
            public void run() {
                try {
                    java.awt.Image i = av.getDisplay().getImage();

                    javax.swing.JFileChooser c = null;
                    java.io.File f = null;
                    java.io.FileOutputStream fos = null;

                    c = new javax.swing.JFileChooser();

                    String[] filterTypes = {"jpg"};
                    com.klg.jclass.util.swing.JCFileFilter filter
                    new com.klg.jclass.util.swing.JCFileFilter(filterTypes ,
"JPEG Image");
                    c.addChoosableFileFilter(filter);

                    int returnVal = c.showSaveDialog(null);

                    if(returnVal != javax.swing.JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION)
{
                        return;
                    }

                    f = c.getSelectedFile();
                    if(!f.getName().endsWith(".jpg")) {
                        f = new java.io.File(f.getPath().concat(".jpg"));
                    }
                    fos = new java.io.FileOutputStream(f);

                    ij.io.JpegEncoder jpg = new ij.io.JpegEncoder(i, 90,
fos);
                    jpg.Compress();
                    fos.close();
                }