RE: GRIBCoordinateSystem

The Ni value is the number of points along a latitude -- that is, the
number of points in the east-west direction.  If you want a 1 degree
lat/long grid, then you probably want something like:

360,180,-90,-180,90,180,1,1

This is a very confusing constructor, since it seems over-specified.  In
reality, the values of La2 and Lo2 are not used.

Don- we might think about adding a more straight-forward signature for
this...?

tom

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Luke A. Catania (TEC) wrote:

> I realized an error I made and changed:
>

> CoordinateSystem
>         coordinateSystem
>             new MapProjectionAdapter(new GRIBCoordinateSystem(0,
>               180, 360, -90, -180, 90, 180, 15, 15));

> CoordinateSystem
>         coordinateSystem
>             new MapProjectionAdapter(new GRIBCoordinateSystem(0,
>               180, 360, -90, -180, 90, 180, 1, 1));
>
> but now it is half the height of the display box and twice the width.

Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science and Engineering Center
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies
Telephone/VoiceMail:  608.262.2759