Re: Masking data

Hi Curtis and everybody

I didn´t know about the ResSwitch class till now (maybe I need to explore VisAD more). But it came in great time to solve the performance issues I´m facing. Thank you.

But there is a little problem:
The class worked very well with 2D radar data, but when I tried with map data the behavior was different:

When the display is busy, the maps disapear. Maybe its obvious, since their Reference contais an UnionSet and not a FieldImpl. But this is not the problem, its good this way (an ultimate reduction). The problem is the "Data is null" warnings appearing in the display.

If there is some way to set them off, please answer.

Thanks already Cicero A. W. Zandoná.

Curtis Rueden wrote:

Hi Renaud,

We've implemented some "resolution switching" logic that enables
a display to automatically downgrade its displayed data when
the user is actively manipulating it.  When the display sits idle
for a second or two, the full-resolution version of the data gets
swapped back in.

Run "java visad.util.ResSwitcher data" where "data" is the name
of a data file you'd like to see displayed.

See visad/util/ResSwitcher.java's main() method to see how to
link a ResSwitcher object to your display.  I'm curious to hear
how well it improves performance of your large 3-D cloud data.

-Curtis