Re: Retrieving Animation info and displaying elsewhere

I've been using the AnimationSet. It is easy to get to via
AnimationControl.getSet(), but I haven't developed a custom widget to
deal with it.

To turn off the animation string, I extended the DisplayRenderer and
overrode setAnimationString to do nothing. I haven't done anything about
the "please wait" though I hope to implement a busy cursor to replace
it.

Doug

Don Murray wrote:

> Hi-
>
> We would like to be able to capture the Set information from
> an AnimationControl (which is used to display the animation
> string in the displays) and display that information elsewhere
> in our own custom widget.  Has anyone done this already?
>
> Is there a way to turn off just the animation string and
> not the please wait.... message?

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |