surface transparency

<P>Hello, All</P>
<P>I used Gridded2DSet to draw a topography surface. I&nbsp;also want to draw
some street&nbsp;lines on the surface. Each street line has some points with
only x and y, I used valueToInterp method to interpolate these points to get z
values, then draw these points as one line.&nbsp;My problem is,&nbsp;some
segment of the line are below the surface. So I want&nbsp;my topography surface
to be transparent so that every thing below the surface can be seen clearly. I
tried the following:</P>
<P>dispGMC =
(GraphicsModeControl)display.getGraphicsModeControl();&nbsp;<BR>dispGMC.setTransparencyMode(javax.media.j3d.TransparencyAttributes.SCREEN_DOOR);</P>
<P>zMap&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;= new ScalarMap(Z,
Display.RGB);<BR>display.addMap(zMap);<BR>display.addMap(new ScalarMap(Z,
Display.Alpha));</P>
<P>Now the surface I got is opaque. I do not know how to set the Alpha
value.</P>
<P>Any help will be highly appreciated.</P>
<P>Gaoming Fu</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>