moving average

<P>Hello, All</P>
<P>Recently some one told me that Moving average is another good way for
<BR>interpolation. But I have no idea about it. Does VisAD suppor it?</P>
<P>For example, for an area of 10 by 10 m, I have some irregular points (with
x, y, and z). <BR>Now I want to draw the surface using a grid with cell size of
1 m. First I have to interpolate<BR>these grid points to get the z values (this
can be easily done using WEIGHTED_AVERAGE <BR>and NEAREST_NEIGHBOR methods in
VisAD), then draw those grid points. Now I want to try the so called "Moving
average" approach. The purpose is to get a smooth surface so that it is very
close to the real topography visually.</P>
<P>Any help will be highly apprecaited.</P>
<P>Gaoming Fu </P>
MSN Messenger: <a href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag1_etl_EN.asp'>Click