Re: time to render windows

Hi Garrett,

> I have a jython script which first generates 3 complicated windows.
> Then it goes off into a long calculation (5 minutes) and then
> generates 3 more windows.
>
> During the long computation the first 3 windows are gray and all the
> windows get rendered at the end.
>
> Is there some way to trigger the window display before I wait for the
> long computation?

This could just be competition for cycles. You might try
putting a small delay in your program to give the windows
time to come up. Something like:

  from visad.util import *
  . . .
  Delay(1000)
  . . .

Insert the Delay(1000) after you've created the first 3 displays.
Delay(1000) will wait for one second, adjust as needed.