listing and destroying MathTypes

I would like to use VisAD to build a general-purpose data
definition/creation/visualization system.  The user would be able to define
new MathTypes at runtime (not a problem), list all previously defined
MathTypes, destroy MathTypes that are no longer useful, and save MathTypes
between runs (shouldn't be a problem because MathType and its subtypes
implement java.io.Serializable).  I am having trouble figuring out how to
list all previously defined MathTypes and how to destroy MathTypes.  Can
you give me some pointers?

Thanks,

-- Ken