AW: serialize a 3 d dispaly

Hi Garrett,

> I am looking for something which captures the 3d interactive nature of
> the display.

Perhaps one of the Forms of VisAD could help you (Look at the visad.data
package). I suppose the VisADForm would do what you want. I don't
exactly know what informations are saved with the VisADForm but I think
you can save every VisAD-Data object. I also think your display's
ScalarMaps are not saved. But I'm not sure about that. Perhaps the VisAD
people can say more about that.

Another way is to implement your own Form with which you can save the
whole display content. I think one would be able to extend the VisADForm
to also save ScalarMaps and ConstantMaps.

Cheers, Mathias