Plotting Particles in 3D space

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to VisAD (as well as to Java) but have had prior programming
experience in C++. I am currently working in a group that would like to plot
particles in a 3D space as well as take slices on different planes (which I
see some explanation of right in this very list). I was wondering if anyone
could point me towards good examples of this.

My first goal is create a program that can accept a list of x,y,z
coordinates and some sort of value, like temperature mapped to RGB, in
perhaps 4 1-dimensional arrays.

Any help would be appreciated in getting me started. I am currently going
over the excellent tutorial provided by Ugo Taddei, but would appreciate
more examples or any additional information.

Thanks in advance!
-dave

David Nguyen
Computer Engineering