Re: visad.jar

Garrett:

If you are running McAffee as your anit-virus program, then I should tell you
that we have experienced many problems with the java runtime jar files (like
rt.jar) that cause McAffee to go into a tail-spin and consume all the cpu,
making the system appear to hang.

This has been an issue for NWS offices who are simply trying to install a
VISITview lesson, which requires un-zipping a ZIP archive (which apparently
triggers the scan) that contains the Sun's jre-related jar files.  We recommend
users temporarily turn off McAffee before unzipping the lessons, and then turn
it back on again.  The company responded briefly to my inquiry, telling me to
the the latest version -- the only problem with that is we do not use it
here...

And if you're not running McAffee, it may still cause your anti-virus scan to
look through every file in the jar.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)