Removing maps from display

Hi

I've created a user interface wrapping the display and some of its Maps
such as Color, Alpha, Contour etc. The user should be able to turn these
maps on and off as he pleases. I could however, not find a method for
removing a map from the display. The only way I could find was to call
DisplayImpl.clearMaps() and re-add the others afterwards. The clearMaps()
method could only be called when the datareference vector is empty.

What I had to do is then, remove all references from the display, clear all
maps, add all but the one map, add all references back again. This seems to
be rather inefficient. Is there another way of doing this a bit more
smoothly?

Gunnar