Re: Horizontal slices of 3D data

> First I wanted to describe he other odd behaivior I'm experiencing. If the
> FlatField is not re-initialized before each call to resample(), the
> following exception occurs:
>
> visad.SetException: Gridded3DSet.valueToGrid: ManifoldDimension must be 3
>         at visad.Gridded3DSet.valueToGrid(Gridded3DSet.java:686)
>         at visad.GriddedSet.valueToInterp(GriddedSet.java:319)
>         at visad.FlatField.resample(FlatField.java:3350)
>         at visad.FunctionImpl.resample(FunctionImpl.java:190)
>         at sennev.SEView1b.setCDLevel(sennev/SEView1b.java:213)
>
> However, if I re-new the FlatField first, the exception does not occur.
> The odd thing is that in BOTH cases, the Manifold dimension of the
> accompanying domain set is 2, and the Domain dimension is 3. So although
> the exception would indicate that the problem is with some aspect of the
> manifold dimension, the manifold dimension is the same for the succesful
> and unsuccesful cases.

This is hard to understand. If you look in Gridded3DSet
where your Exception is generated, it clearly tests for
manifold dimension = 3.

>  seDomain = new float[3][NROWS*NCOLS];
> . . .
>  domain_tuple3D = new RealTupleType(latitude, longitude, depth);
> . . .
>  domain_set3D = new Gridded3DSet(domain_tuple3D, seDomain,
>       1,NROWS* NCOLS);

This should be:

  domain_set3D = new Gridded3DSet(domain_tuple3D, seDomain,
                                  NROWS, NCOLS);

But is this for your voljme data? Shouldn't it have a
domain Set with manifold dimension = 3?

Good luck, Bill