Re: New to VisaAD

mikael.ogren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We have a project that might be using VisAd for visualization and I have a
> few questions concerning multiple platform support.
>
> How does VisAd work (if it works) on:
>
> - Solaris
> - Linux
> - IRIX
> - True64

Much of the development of VisAD is done on Solaris, so
it works best there.  There doesn't appear to be a Java3D
implementation available for Tru64, so only the 2D portion
of VisAD would be functional.  The other platforms will
work, but because VisAD is a great testbed for uncovering
Java3D bugs, there may be problems.

> I read that to be able to run VisAd as an applet the minimum demand is
> Netscape 6 but that one might have to add the Java Plug-In. Do you need this
> or not? And how about Internet Explorer (version, addons...)?

I don't know anything about running VisAD as an applet,
so I'll defer to others on this.