Re: Hershey Fonts

Hi Ugo:

> 1. Is there any example code available to test/see the new fonts (like
> VisAD's DisplayTest in visad/examples) or has anyone got a snippet of
> code ready to compile and run?

Perhaps the quickest way is to use Python:

from visad.python.JPythonMethods import *
from subs import *
maps=makeMaps(getRealType("x"),"x", getRealType("y"),"y")
disp = makeDisplay(maps)
drawString(disp, "ABCdef test", [0,0], font="futuram")
showDisplay(disp)

> 2. Is it possible to change the AxisScale fonts to use the new fonts?,
> and if yes, how do I do it? (Would something like
>
> HersheyFont hf = new HersheyFont("cursive");
>
> AxisScale scale = myScalarMap.getAxisScale();
>
> scale.setFont( hf );
>
> work?)

I've not looked into doing this, so I will defer to Don for comments.

tom
--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison