Re: shape.angle

I don't know about Display.ShapeAngle, but here is an example of how I
rotate a VisADGeometryArray ("shape" in this example). It uses stuff
from Java3D's javax.vecmath package.

    Vector3f v
null;

    float[] t = new
float[3];
Matrix3f matrix = new Matrix3f();
    matrix.rotZ( angle );

    for( int i=0; i<shape.coordinates.length; i+=3 ) {
      v = new Vector3f( shape.coordinates[i],
                        shape.coordinates[i+1],
                        shape.coordinates[i+2] );
      matrix.transform(v);
      v.get(t);

      shape.coordinates[i] = t[0];
      shape.coordinates[i+1] = t[1];
      shape.coordinates[i+2] = t[2];

    }

Hope this helps,

Doug

John Yao wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Recently I was able to create glyphs and change their properties (i.e. size
> and colors) on-the-fly.  However, I am not able to rotate them.  I have
> heard that visad will have a Display.ShapeAngle and I am curious when that
> will be available in the future before I look for other solutions (probably
> more complex).  Thanks in advance.
>
> john

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |