HPUX and VisAD problem

Hi Everyone,

  Is anyone running visad on a B1000 or C3000 HPUX machine?

  I can run it on a B132, although slowly :)  but all B1000s I have
had access to have failed with out of memory errors.

  In particular the following programs:

Test01                         got the OutOfMemoryException
FlexibleTrackManipulation      didn't
Test65                         did  (when playing around with
                               the contour parameters)
Test69                         didn't

  This is using HPUX 11, and many combinations of patches,
JDKs and java3d.  I have also played with the maximum threads
per process parameter as discussed on the HP web site, and tried
changing thread types.

  Has anyone got a fix?  Has anyone _ever_ seen it work?

thanks,

Andrew.

--
 Andrew Donaldson