Re: Best performance using UnionSets

Hi Ciccero-

We use visad.data.mcidas.BaseMapAdapter to read in McIDAS map files
and display them all the time.  You can download the US file
file from ftp://www.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad/OUTLUSAM and then
load it into the VisAD SpreadSheet.  That file has 857 sets with
53706 total points and you can compare the performance with
your dataset.  The Java2D implementation in VisAD is a bit slower
than the 2D in Java 3D.  If you can use Java3D, you'd get better
performance.

Don

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm