Re: Is it possible to Rotate axis labels?

Hi Martin,

> I was wondering if there is a way to make the label
> text for the horizontal axis vertical. I am using
>  AxisScale and setLabelTable() to set up the labels
> but the labels are long and I would like to display them
> like so.
>
> ----------------------------
> F    S
> i    e
> r    c
> s    o
> t    n
>
> a negative 90 degree rotation would also work
> for me.

Don Murray would normally answer a question about axis scales,
but I think he is on vacation. VisAD's axis scales do not
currently support the functionality you want, unless you are
willing to extend the visad.AxisScale class. In any case, this
is an interesting suggestion and we will think about it.