Re: Connecting Pints

Dear Cicero,

> I wrote recently asking how to maka my application faster. The problem
> was that I used a Gridded2DSet and the right set should be an
> Irregular2DSet. But since one problem is solved another one has came:
> I'm tring to draw a map, and the Irregular2DSet is not conecting the
> points. I guess I should use a diferent math type, but I don't know how.

You can try:

  GraphicsModeControl mode = display.getGraphicsModeControl();
  mode.setPolygonMode(DisplayImplJ3D.POLYGON_LINE);

but unfortunately that will show all the extra lines connecting
the triangles of the Irregular2DSet into a polytriangle strip
(this is done to reduce memory use and speed up rendering).

Your best bet is to try to trace the edges in your irregular
topology using a few long continuous lines, each represented
by a Gridded2DSet with manifold dimension = 1 and combined in
a UnionSet. The key is to keep down the number of lines used
to trace your topology. Sorry I don't have a better answer.