Re: VisAD SS <-- vis5d data import problem

Hi Mel,

> After downloading & installing the Windows 2000 JDK 1.3 stuff, the VisAD
> Spreadsheet starts up on my PC, and generally works.  However, the Vis5D
> data that's driving this endeavor won't import.  In fact, the sample Vis5D
> data file (small.v5d) that is available at the VisAD Spreadsheet web site
> (http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~curtis/ss.html) also does NOT import !!   Error
> msg. is "Error importing data. The source could not be converted to VisAD
> data" .
> Any suggestions/comments ?

I tried it and it worked for me, so I think somehow the file
was corrupted during your download. It could be a bug in your
browser (we have seen download problems with browsers on
Windows before), so I have put another copy of the file at:

  ftp://www.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/small.v5d

Try downloading by:

  ftp www.ssec.wisc.edu
  login: anonymous
  password: email@address
  ftp> cd pub/visad-2.0
  ftp> bin
  ftp> get small.v5d
  ftp> quit

Please let us know if you continue to have problems.