DXF map for background

Hi Everybody

I know I'm abusing this list a little, but this time I have only 2 simple
questions:

1. I've  made a radar 2Ddisplay that plots (latitude, longitude) ->(Z) and
mapped Z in RGB. What I need now is to show the Z value on the screen
just like latitude and longitude are shown when the middle-mouse-button is
pressed. I know It can be programed on Java, but I thing that there is
a easier and more inteligent way.

2. An important componet in a radar display is the map behind the
data. But I have this map in DXF format (its just the contour) and this is
not one of the VisAD compatible types. If anyone know a software that
converts the formad (probably a CAD software) please tell me, I can use a
Windows, Linux, Irix or Aix software. Or if there is no solution, and I
will have to do it the hard way (re-creating the map), any tip will be
well recived.

Thanks alredy

CICERO ZANDONA