Re:

>         Hello.  I have a question about density plots?  I know it is
> possible to create one using VisAd software, but I have no idea how to go
> about it.   I was thinking that the ij.gui.ProfilePlot class might be the
> answer, however, it requires an ImagePlus object, and I am unsure as to how
> to create one from the data points I have. Thanks.

The ij packages are distributed with VisAD so that it can
use some of their features, but classes like ProfilePlot
are not part of the VisAD display architecture.

See Ugo's VisAD tutorial at:

  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/tutorial/index.html

for descriptions of the various types of plots you can
make with VisAD. The "index of Figures" is a useful index
to look for ways to make particular plots. For a 2-D
density plot, you might look at Section 3 on
"Two-dimensional Sets".