Re: plot an histogram

In addition to Bill's suggestion, check out the graph.py script in
visad.python which has a histogram function in there that is more
along the lines of what you want, I think.  This will create boxes
instead of lines connecting points like hist_test.py does.  You can
see an example at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/visadtutor/graph.html#histogram

While this is written in Jython, you could adapt it to Java if you
didn't want to use the VisAD Python interface.

Don

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm