Re: Geometry Creation

> 1. In yesterdays mail you mentioned that, to increase
> the point size, we have to use openGL instead of
> Direct3D to increase the point size. I am downloading
> SetOpt12.exe from www.sgi.com. Is this sufficient or
> do I require something else. Please suggest.

I don't know the details of installing OpenGL on your
system. But OpenGL is what you need.

> 2. As I mentioned ealier, that I am creating a
> geometry by getting the end points using the
> RubberBandRendererJ3D, and i am creating tuples out of
> them, and adding to display. Is it possible to have
> again DirectManipulationRendererJ3D for tuples alone?
> I am sorry if it is a vague question.

Yes, you can use DirectManipulationRendererJ3D for
RealTuples. See visad/examples/Test00.java and other
Tests for examples.

> If it is possible I would like to know how to use only
> DirectManipulationRendererJ3D alone after the geometry
> creation is over. Please suggest.

Well, you construct a simple geometry (i.e., a RealTuple)
to link with DirectManipulationRendererJ3D, but then
DirectManipulationRendererJ3D modifies that geometry. Note
that DirectManipulationRendererJ3D does not work directly
with a complex geometry.