Curvy cyclone tracks

Hi Bill and others,

  At the moment we are using bom/FlexibleTrackManipulation.java
to plot cyclone locations, and another class I wrote to draw straight
lines between these points.

  Some forecasters aren't happy with just imagining curvy lines
in between, they want them drawn that way.
  My plan is to create extra points between the cyclone locations,
which are along a quadratic which passes through the cyclone locations,
and then draw straight lines between them.

  Is there anything in Visad that already helps do this?  I think
there is some spline stuff in there, but I've got no idea what it
does.  I'd like to use any infrastructure that already exists.

  I would also probably need to do some projectionControl listening
to figure out how many points to insert between the cyclone locations.
Is that the best way?  I suspect it gives a visual lag, which is not
apparent in your front drawing stuff, which seems similar.  Is it's
method relevent here?

thanks,

Andrew.

--