Re: weird green glow

Hi Vijay,

> this might be a java3d implementation question, but I'll ask anyway. So
> I have a 3d display that depicts various solids or different colors. I
> added an alpha map, and the user can specify a certian cutoff value (say
> 0.6) and have every solid with a value less than 0.6 disappear (the
> alpha is set to zero). When I have a portion of the display's alpha set
> to 0, that part of the display takes on this green glow. It's not
> attached to the display (i.e., when I rotate the display, the greem area
> stays in the same place).
>
> Is there anything I can do to get rid of this annoying green glow?

Hopefully you don't need a priest. But seriously, I wasn't
able to duplicate the problem using 'java Test20' which allows
me to interactively experiment with alpha values = 0. The fact
that the green area doesn't rotate with the display sounds
very strange. My laptop has a defective area on its screen
and your problem sounds like that. If you can email a GIF
image it might help. Off hand it doesn't sound like a VisAD
problem.