Re: zorder

Hi,

I still don't have a solution for the zorder problem in a 2D display.
Maps to the ZAxis have no effect. This is a critical problem. My
lightning strikes really shouldn't be below my roads. Also, although
they are ordered by time, overlapping lightning shapes (all part of a
single Data object) don't have a zorder that corresponds to time.

Any ideas on how to get the appropriate zorder?

Thanks,
Doug

Steve Emmerson wrote:

> Doug,
>
> How about associating with each layer a zvalue ConstantMap with slightly
> different values?
>
> Regards,
> Steve Emmerson   <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu>
>
> >Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:31:46 -0600
> >From: Doug Lindholm <lind@xxxxxxxx>
> >To: "visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: zorder
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can you control the zorder of data "layers" (i.e. what's on top)? I
> > though the order of adding DataReferences would do the trick but it's
> > not for shapes. Even so, that is a bit of a hack.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Doug

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |