Re: Redhat 7.1 and VisAD

Hi Stu,

> What versions of Java and Java3D work with Redhat 7.1?

We're using:
        RedHat 7.1
        Suns JDK 1.3.1 from Sun.
        Blackdown Java3d 1.2.1 from Blackdown (1.2.1_01-fcs)
        XFree86 4.1 from the XFree86 site.
        Mesa 3.4.2 from the Mesa site.

This all works fine.  We upgraded XFree86 because the support for
our Appian 2000 cards was better in 4.1.  You need to upgrade the
Mesa as described in the Blackdown java3d doco as the mesa which
comes with XFree86 crashes the server when java3d exits - apart
from that it works.

I also put ximian gnome on there, but I don't think that changed
any of the above stuff.

> After an upgrade to Redhat 7.1
> I am struggling with Blackdown's j2sdk1.3.0 and java3d 1.2.1
> and getting weird behavior with the simplest 3d programs,
> let alone VisAD.

I also found that blackdowns jdk caused bad stuff to happen.

Andrew.

--
 Andrew Donaldson
 Email:   A.Donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx                Bureau of Meteorology