mouse layer

Hi all,

I am trying to change the aspect of the mouse pointer from a cross to a box or an X as I move over a Display. However I've been unable to figure out how this thing work. I also want to write some things other that LAT, LONG on the top left corner when I click the center mouse button. As far as I understand there is like a layer where the mouse thing happens but I really don't get it.

I am not sure if this is a Visad question or a general Java one, but I will appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Ricardo Mantilla
University of Colorado at Boulder
CIRES