visad.TypeException: ScalarType: name already used

  • To: <visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> via smtpd (for tecsun1.tec.army.mil [199.123.87.41]) with SMTP; 23 Mar 2001 00:09:07 UT
  • Subject: visad.TypeException: ScalarType: name already used
  • From: "Luke A. Catania" <lcatania@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:11:34 -0500
Why do I get the  error message:

 visad.TypeException: ScalarType: name already used

It occurs with this call:

    index = new RealType("Index");

This is from the tutotrial example.  I have tailored the tutorial example to
create a generic class capable of plotting two columns of data from a text
file.

This class I instansiate each time I want to create a new graph, which I
would think would create a different "index" variable with each
instantiation.

So why to I get this error message that the name is already used.

Luke