Re: base map

There are a couple of other OUTLxxxx basemaps available, including one
over Europe.  I'm at home and don't seem to have 'write permission' in the
directories of any of the "public" ftp servers, so I'll post them on
Monday.

Also, as Ugo said, consider using Shapefiles.  At least in the US, the
National Weather Service has made available very high resolution map
bases.  I don't know what they might have posted for the rest of the
world...I'll again have to wait until I go back to work, since the URL of
their site is on my computer there...

tom

--
Tom Whittaker