Re: rotating the view volume

Hi Bob,

> Dear Bill and The VisAD list,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to rotate the view volume by a
> fixed amount (e.g. 90 degrees) in a fixed direction (e.g. to the left, so
> about the volume's own say 'Y' axis).

In case you want to rotate the display by multiples of 90° (in whatever
direction), then consider using the method

ProjectionControlJ3D.setOrthoView(int view)

with valid views being:

  /** View of the postive X face of the display cube */
  public static final int X_PLUS = 0;
  /** View of the negative X face of the display cube */
  public static final int X_MINUS = 1;
  /** View of the postive Y face of the display cube */
  public static final int Y_PLUS = 2;

etc...

Please refer to the following message in the list archive

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/visad-list/1534

for more info on the subject.

Cheers,

Ugo