Re: Question about drawing dendogram.

Hi Sohyoung,

> I am trying to draw interactive dendogram (tree) with visad.
> I am novice to VISAD, and I have not found any clue how to draw dendogram.
> It will be nice if I can have any similar simple example or some
> direction.
>
> Example of dendogram:
>
>         +-----
>   ______|
>   |     |

> Data have all necessary information to draw dendogram (node position,
> length of each edge...)

To draw diagrams, you need to build UnionSets of Gridded2DSets
with manifold dimension = 1, as in visad/examples/Rivers.java.

VisAD is primarily aimed at numerical data, but can handle diagrams.

You can also find some examples of drawing Shapes, as in
visad/examples/Test47 and Test46, and visad/bom/TrackManipulation.java.
Shapes can be used for special shapes at diagram junctions and leaves.