Re: Aspect of 2D-Displays

Hi Timo,

If you are looking for a one-to-one correspondence between data samples
and onscreen pixels, that is a bit tricky.  However, fitting the data
aspect to the shape of the display window is not as hard.

You are not the first person to request such a feature in VisAD, so I
added a method setAutoAspect(boolean auto) to DisplayImplJ2D.  If you
call setAutoAspect(true) on a DisplayImplJ2D object, the aspect will
automatically adjust to fit the window every time the display panel
changes size.

The updated classes should be available on the FTP server within a few
days.  In the meantime, you can find the two relevant files at
   http://palm.ssec.wisc.edu/DisplayImplJ2D.java
   http://palm.ssec.wisc.edu/VisADCanvasJ2D.java
Just put these two files in visad/java2d and recompile.

Curtis